This is pretty much going to be the longest text message you are ever going to get so I will try to be concise with my update/ questions!
We know that many of you enjoy training with us at Results FAST and this is incredibly hard to write. Results FAST is pretty much my other wife or second child… although it doesn’t seem to behave as well as Claire and Beth!
I didn’t think I would have to write a message like this and obviously this is incredibly sad for me but I want to clarify how we will work going forward.
With the situation with “Coronavirus” and the new government statements it puts our session delivery/ service in its current form at Results FAST at a bit of a juncture to say the least. The government recommendations are wishy washy at best. The recommendations though state that all not essential travels and social contact is stopped. From my point of view this puts me in a bit of a position- carry on delivering a service which I know is good for people but put my family and their families at risk or stop and work on how we deliver a service at distance.
As you know I’m one for positive action and what I want to do is provide everyone with the best possible service I can and give a bit of clarity given the current situation.
The government update has highlighted the benefits for exercise but not with other people/ in a confined space. Simply, we need to mitigate risk to each of you and myself and Rob. After considering outdoor workouts I still feel that this would be like moving a problem… face to face contact should be minimised.
With that in mind we are going to shut down after Tuesday evening in our current premises.
My questions are more about the services that you now will have access to. Here are the options:
- We will run a weekend timetable in the local parks of Ware… we will maintain a suitable distance from each other. We will start with just weekends to minimise contact. Over time we may expand this according to government recommendations but it makes sense to limit this initially. I feel this may be shut down at its peak but for now we will minimise face time face contact.
- We will deliver a home workout programme initially with bodyweight but over time ideally using bands and 5 or 10kg weights or a bag of books etc for resistance. The idea is we deliver you a PDF of 4 workouts with accompanying video of the workouts every week. We match this with our healthy habits 30 day plan, healthy cookbooks and any other resources you need to be successful. We will provide form checks by video or video conferencing as well as adherence check ins to help keep you motivated and not feel like you are on your own. We do this in addition with the outdoor sessions. Anything you can’t do we will personalise…This will be ready Monday.
- Live streamed workouts (we live in the future don’t we). We show you something. You copy it. This will be run on a limited timetable initially of around 4 sessions a day. As we get to grip with the logistics we may do more. We will plan these going forward and we will come to agreement over the time to run these.
- A weekly live nutrition / fitness “chat” on Zoom basically you field me questions, I answer them… I mean it’s got to be more fact based than anything onNetflix and it looks like we are going to have a bit of time on our hands🤭. We will aim to set a day/ time every week on video conferencing and we will also record it.
- We will work specifically on your nutrition goals and targets one on one with you via online conferencing…. or if you want a chat I can hang out my window… either way it’s your choice!
- Once this is finished we will offer all of you personal training sessions to get back in to things to get you back “on it.”
7)I will message our to you to book your sessions at the start of every week as normal to build your adherence. Structure is going to be a bit of a funny thing with all the change that is coming over the next few weeks.
We will run the sessions as long as Rob or I do not get ill. In this situation we may run a slightly limited service but we will do our best. Obviously in that situation we will need to get better and may run a limited timetable for that duration.
WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO
- Let me know your favourite times to train would be.
- Let me know what you don’t want to do.
- Download the video app Zoom for video conferencing. It will work on mobiles and tablets.
- Let me know how many check ins a week you want…. some will want 1, some daily…. both are fine.
- Let me know how else I may help you.
We have members of 4 weeks to over 10 years to say that it’s been a pleasure to look after you all is an understatement. I really just want to hold this “show” together and get back to normal.